Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Disappointing Cucumber Seed

I've been really happy with all my Duchy Orignal seeds so far (and the packaging is beautiful on them too) but was shocked to find that my Picolino Cucumber seeds (priced at £3.49) only had one seed in it!

I was promised a 'Prolific crop of mini cucumbers throughout the summer. Thin skinned with crisp, juicy flesh. Slice finely and add to salads and sandwiches.' Hmmm...perhaps Jack and Beanstalk style cucumber plant is yet to come?

Still waiting for my one precious and expensive seed to sprout. Know you're all (yes, ALL of you out there around the world who read this) keen to find out how this goes so I'll make sure to update you.

1 comment:

Chris Etches said...

And to think the man responsible for such inadequate and over priced cucumber seeds will one day be King of the Nation...this could be the final nail in the coffin of the Monarchist movement in this country.

Chrisx